I am really touched to say my blog has been nominated for a One Lovely Blog Award by ThugsandRuffians over at the AGreatBigBeautiful blog. A massive thank you for this – it’s a tremendous motivator 🙂 🙂 :-). Do check out AGBB – it’s a super positive, inspiring, honest and at times funny blog about parenting, everyday magic moments and life. I love it. Go and check it out now (then come back and read on).
Back? Ok. There are some strings attached to this award.
Guidelines for the “One Lovely Blog Award”:
•Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
•Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog.
•Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
•Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog.
Seven facts about me.
- I should read more blogs. See absence of nominees 8-15 below.
- I think the more you put in, the more you get out.
- I love pizza more than any other food. Ever.
- I learnt to juggle when I was younger.
- Despite multiple efforts, I cannot manage to learn another language (and struggle with English sometimes!). How can it be harder than juggling?
- I love cooking (see (3)).
- My family is the most important thing in the world to me.
I’ve yet to immerse myself deeply in the blogosphere, so not sure I have a top 15 yet – but here are some nominees to start and I will add more as I go 🙂
15 great blogs I nominate in turn (a work in progress!)
- Thesis whisper – How to survive your PhD. I did, but I still learn stuff
- The Modern Peasant Frau – German organic farmers. Last week they got some bees!
- :InDecision – great insights for early career academics (and not so early ones)
- Mind the Gap – the realities the pursuit of Science related in an affectionate way. This week, they got a confocal microscope!
If they had not beat me too it, I would also nominate AGreatBigBeautiful. In fact, this is my blog so I can do what I like!
- A Great Big Beautiful
More to follow as I find them 🙂
Thanks again ThugsandRuffians!